Association of Black Educators of New York (ABENY), Inc
We welcome all to join us as we work toward our goals and purposes:
- Raise and improve the academic achievement of African-American child and therefore, all children in the City of New York.
- Advance, professionally, the African-American Educator.
- Provide a forum on issues related to the needs of our educators and constituents.
- Pursue a policy of active involvement designed to assist and defend African-American educators, children and parents.
- Support and monitor meaningful educational programs that exist within the system.
- Provide programs that will encourage students to pursue and develop their full potential in all areas.
General Membership Meetings are usually held on the third Sunday of each month, from 3:30PM to 6:00PM., September to June. They take place at the Bedford Stuyvesant YMCA, 1121 Bedford Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11216.
If you are interested in joining ABENY, mail the application, along with a check or money order in the amount of $25.00, written out to ABENY, Inc.
Types Of Membership: Regular – $25 Life – $375
Subscribing Life – $125 per year in 3 sequential installments